Monday, December 31, 2007

This is my all-time favorite hymn. Sometimes I need to read and re-read the words to this hymn, and sing it and cling to it and commit it to memory. Sometimes I copy the words to give me comfort.

Great is thy faithfulness, O God, my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee.
Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not.
As Thou hast been, Thou forever wilt be.

Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide.
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow --
Blessings all mine with ten thousand beside!

Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed, Thy hand hath provided.
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me
.


Now is one of those times. You see, I'm a first class worrier. I got the trait honestly, straight from my mom. And I've got something big to worry about. I've had a debilitating headache since Wednesday night. I mean, pain meds barely touch it. Our family went to D.C. on Wednesday for a short vacation (I took lots of photos and plan to post on that once this headache goes away!) But we had to come home early because of my headache. With the holiday, my regular doctor wasn't in so I went to Urgent Care on Saturday and they did a CT scan which came back normal. They tested me for mono and strep, both of which were negative. My bloodwork looks fine. So why does my head feel like it's going to explode?? It keeps me awake at night, which is prime time for worriers like me. I'm going to head back to the dr. today and see if I can get some relief or some answers. But of course, I'm worried about the answers. I'll let you know...

No comments: