Monday, February 11, 2008

A Blusterous Day



"Correct me if I am wrong," (Pooh) said, "but am I right in supposing that it is a very Blusterous day outside?"




Yesterday was one of those days when you see reckless souls out on fishing boats -- desperately wanting to take advantage of springlike temperatures, but foolhardy against the gales.

There were whitecaps like those at the beach, and water splashing up onto docks.

My foolhardy Boy & Girl were egged on by My foolhardy Man to go out on the dock and hang on to a rope to keep from being blown in! The photos don't do justice to the swaying up and down of the dock -- it was like riding on a ship in rolling seas.



Billy Taylor

Little Billy Taylor's
Gone to be a sailor --
His ship's for China bound,
Won't the sea perplex him!
Won't its rolling vex him!
I hope he won't get drowned.

anon

2 comments:

Kristine said...

It looks like a GREAT day! (Maybe not one you want to have a lot, but still great!)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!