Saturday, April 12, 2008

Garlic Shrimp Pasta

Yes, I know it's been forever since I've posted anything. We've not really been doing anything all that interesting! We did go to 2 NCFCA Speech & Debate tournaments (My Boy qualified for Regionals for his Open Interp! We're very proud!) I've also been doing lots of reading -- trying to wrap my mind around homeschooling my up-and-coming high schooler(!).

Of course, we've also been eating :-) I made this last night, and it was fabulous! I thought it was even blog-worthy, so here it is:

Garlic Shrimp Pasta

1 lb cooked linguini (I used spinach linguini)
2 T butter
2 lg. cloves garlic, minced
2 14-oz cans diced tomatoes, Basil & Oregano flavor
1 lb raw shrimp (or more, if you like)
2 T cornstarch
water

Saute the garlic in the butter. Add the tomatoes and simmer for about 5-8 minutes. Add the shrimp and cook until they are pink (about 4 minutes). In a small bowl or cup, stir together the cornstarch with a little water (about 1/3 cup). Pour the cornstarch mixture into the shrimp mixture, and stir until sauce thickens. Toss the shrimp mixture with the pasta. You can also top this with parmesan or feta cheese. Yum!!

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Hey, congrats to your son, great job!!!

CAB said...

That recipe sounds yummy - I'm going to have to try that one!