Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Football Fun



My Boy has played NFL Flag Football for several years now. He really loves it! Since we're located sort of near Charlotte, we're affiliated with the Carolina Panthers. All the teams in the league are called Panthers. You're either the St. Louis Panthers, or the Seattle Panthers, or the Arizona Panthers, etc. Confusing, I know. No one is the Carolina Panthers, though!

Anyway, every year they invite one league to come and play one day on the Panthers practice field. This was our year! We got to do this a couple of years ago, too. It means a lot to the boys to play on a "real" field. It's located right beside Bank of America Stadium, and the field we use is artificial turf. This is the field the Panthers use for their practices. Of course, we didn't get to see any of them, since they had an away game that weekend.

They have the giant Panther mouth inflated over the entrance, so the boys all get to walk through that to get to the field.

It was a gorgeous day, cool weather, bright skies -- lots of fun!

1 comment:

Kristine said...

Hah, after seeing so many pics of your lake, I am surprised to see that you live near tall buildings too!

Love your new blogskin!

I know I owe you an email from weeks? months? ago, and I'll get to it. I promise. (Hopefully this year!)