Friday, October 31, 2008

Sheltering our kids

As my kids are approaching the early and mid teen years, I've of course been struggling with how much of the world they should be exposed to, how soon, and how, how, how?? We've always tried to shelter them, to staunchly protect their childhood innocence. But we've always known, too, that they must not be sheltered forever. They must gain their footing in the world sometime, and I'd much rather them start the process while they're with me, so we can talk about it and My Man and I can give them whatever guidance we can.

Jess over at Making Home posted back in June about this very thing. I found her post very interesting, and it gave me lots more to think about. I thought you might like to read it, too: Thoughts on Sheltering.

1 comment:

Kristine said...

It was an excellent post. I skimmed quickly, as it's late, but I've bookmarked it to re-read, and so that I can "regularly" read her blog--even if it's only once every month or two. :)