Thursday, November 06, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

I know these are late, but here are some pics of our pumpkin carving. In a way, this was a sad Halloween. It was the first year we didn't go trick-or-treating! My Girl would've gone, but her brother was "too old" now, and she didn't want to go with just mom & dad. So, we went out and bought our own Halloween candy, turned on the porchlight, and watched Psycho as a family. I'd say the kids were sufficiently scared on Halloween!

The night before, we carved our pumpkins. And when I say "we", let me say that this was the first year I mean "they." Yes, they really did their own designing, cutting and scraping. Another reason it was a sad Halloween for me. I just wasn't needed!








My Boy's is the one on the top left. It's a ghost coming through a window. My Girl's is on the bottom right. It's a campaign statement :) The other two are store-bought fakes!

And here's a non scary dog on a really scary floral armchair!

1 comment:

Kristine said...

LOL, love your kids' creativity.

Somehow there must be a tie in between your dd's pumpkin face and your review of The Giver...