Monday, December 01, 2008

It has begun.

Have you started decorating for Christmas yet?

We sometimes go get our tree right after Thanksgiving, but not this year. I didn't change out of my pajamas on Friday (!) and it rained the rest of the weekend. So no tree yet.

However, today is December 1st, and there is one thing I absolutely HAVE to have in place on this day.




I bought this tacky little Santa years ago and it has become one of my kids' favorite traditions. They absolutely love moving the little Santa from pocket to pocket each day leading up to Christmas -- even in these teenaged years. They alternate "odd" and "even" every year so they'll know whose turn it is to do the honor each day.

And that makes me happy. So even though I have no other Christmas decorations in place, and probably won't for a week or so, I gladly dug out this Santa and hung him in his official place this morning. Traditions are so important to a family, don't you think?

1 comment:

Mrs. C said...

Awww...that's a great tradition! Our tree is up, but no lights are strung yet. Like you, I didn't get out of my p.j's on Friday, either. It must have been all that good turkey! ;)