Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!



I hope you all are having a blessed Christmas!

We'll celebrate Christmas Eve by watching old movies, wrapping the last of the presents, preparing food to take to my brother's home tomorrow, and relaxing. My Man is at work until midnight -- that's what happens when you're a pastor. You work on most religious holidays.

We'll meet him at church tonight for the 11:00 Christmas Eve service. There will be singing, the reading of the Christmas story (My Girl will be helping with this), a short homily, and Communion, ending with a candle-lighting. I'm looking forward to it, but not to coming home at 12:30, scooting My Boy and My Girl to their rooms WITH DOORS CLOSED TIGHT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH so Santa can get his work done and go to bed!

I'm getting too old for these midnight services. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm usually sound asleep by 10:30.

Tomorrow, we'll wake when the kids decide to, exchange presents, eat our traditional canned cinnamon rolls, have eggs & bacon later, and then we'll travel to my brother's home for an afternoon with family.

My prayer for you is that you have a safe, happy, meaningful, blessed Christmas Day.

1 comment:

Mrs. C said...

That's neat that your husband is a pastor. Enjoy your holidays.