Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Skillet Stuffed Cabbage

I'm going to start a new label/category today, called "Good Eats," for keeping up with recipes my family has enjoyed. I have a problem of finding a dish everyone likes, and then forgetting all about it! So maybe this will help me stay a little more organized.

Today's entry: Skillet Stuffed Cabbage (modified from Good Housekeeping)


1 pkg Zatarin's rice pilaf
28 oz. diced tomatoes (I used 1-14 oz can diced (basil & oregano) and 1-14 oz can stewed)
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
8 cabbage leaves

Prepare the rice pilaf acc. to package directions, allow to cool a bit.
In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup tomatoes (with some juice) and all other ingredients except cabbage leaves. Place remaining tomatoes & juice into 12-inch non stick skillet. Spoon 1/2 c meat mixture into center of each cabbage leaf, to make a sort of "cabbage cup". Arrange each "cup" open side up, in skillet over tomatoes. Cover skillet and cook over medium high heat 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. To serve, place stuffed cabbage leaf on plate and top with tomato sauce from pan.

I served this with oven roased zucchini, and even My Girl got seconds! That's saying something :-)

No comments: