Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Crazy Weather

Yesterday was crazy, weather-wise!

I woke up yesterday morning to the sound of pounding rain and heavy gusts of wind blowing against the windows. It was around 66 degrees.

By breakfast, the rain had stopped, and it was a little breezy.

By noon, nothing really to talk about, except that it was sunny for the first time in several days!

At 3:00, I noticed our lights were going dim off and on, and realized it was due to heavy winds again. I looked out the window, and grabbed my camera. Here's what I saw:



The rainbow was huge, right across our cove, and gorgeous. There were dark rain clouds behind it, to heighten the effect.

I like this one, because you can see leaves blowing in the forground.





Looking out towards the main channel, you can see the whitecaps. This is the same basic view as my banner, so you can see the difference in the water.



After about 5 minutes, the rainbow was gone but the winds were still very high. Around 3:20 I took another look outside and a huge flock of white birds (seagulls?) was flying over the channel.



Then, another 5 or 10 minutes pass, I look outside, and see this:



This time, the double rainbow was more visible, and the first one showed from end to end. I couldn't get it all in one shot so I had to take two.





Then, around 3:45 we had a rain shower, for about 30 seconds.

Then, nothing noticeable.

Last night, the winds had died down and the temp had dropped to the 40's.

This morning, I hear they're calling for snow later this week!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Wonderful photos! Really, you captured the day's weather.
Our weather has been equally crazy. Rain. Sun. Wind. Now colder temps...hey, it is winter!

Country Girl said...

Oh, how exciting! I am so jealous of your fabulous water view. Well, not in a mean way, mind you!
Simply beautiful to be able to look out your window and see water. It's good for the soul.

Mrs. C said...

Wow! Beautiful! Nice job with the camera.