Monday, January 05, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook for January 5, 2009



FOR TODAY ...
Outside my window... it's still dark, and I can see the twinkling of lights from homes across the lake. I love how they shimmer on the water.

I am thinking... about gearing up for school this week and all that will entail.

I am thankful for... a free afternoon so we won't have to rush school this morning. Our local co-op doesn't begin until next Monday.

From the learning rooms... back to work today! I always dread the day back -- usually attitudes are the number one teaching opportunities on these days.

From the kitchen... nothing yet, but plans are for chicken stir fry tonight for dinner. My Girl's favorite!

I am wearing... a big fuzzy robe with huge snowflakes all over, that My Girl picked out for me for Christmas last year.

I am creating... still working on My Man's vest. I've blocked the pieces, they should be dry today and I will assemble it and knit the neck and armhole finishing. Then another block probably, and c'est finis!

I am going... no where today, as I want to concentrate only on a full day of schooling.

I am reading... everything I can find on the Carolina Panthers and their big playoff game this week against Arizona.

I am hoping... my kids will be positive and cheerful about returning to the school routine today. (Ha. Ha.)

I am hearing... the ticking of my clock on the wall and the clicking of my keyboard as I type. All else is quiet.

Around the house... Christmas decorations are away, but there are still signs of it -- the furniture is still out of place to make room for the drumset of our new Guitar Hero band kit. Funny, Santa didn't realize that would have to be considered an addition to the room decor when he brought that :0

One of my favorite things... is watching My Girl and My Boy playing together and enjoying each other, as when they've played Guitar Hero this week.

A few plans for the rest of the week: easing back into routine, and then going to the Panther's game on Saturday night! Can't wait!

Here is picture thought I am sharing... We had to promise one crazy photo to get the one good photo of the grandkids at Christmas. Guess which one this is...




If you'd like to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook, visit this link.

No comments: