Monday, January 12, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY (January 12)...
Outside my window... The sun has just risen. The water level has come up several feet. The beach area where we had the bonfire is covered in water this morning. There must have been more rain in the mountains than we got here. It always takes a day or two for that rain to make it down to our part of the river system.

I am thinking... about a new web-based business idea. It's still in the baby stages, so I'm not sure about it yet. I'm keeping the details close until I decide whether to really go for it.

I am thankful for... the new friends my daughter has made at church. They are an answer to prayer.

From the learning rooms... My Boy's biology lab starts back today. I've talked My Girl into entering a geography bee this morning. The $10 prize was the clincher. She hasn't studied, and she just decided last night, so this is just a lark!

From the kitchen... I can smell my coffee brewing, and I can see a pile of dirty dishes in the sink. Let's see, blog or do the dishes???

I am wearing... warm pj's but nothing on my feet. They're starting to complain.

I am creating... a pair of socks with the handpainted sock yarn My Man bought me for Christmas.

I am going... to visitation tomorrow night for a dear dear woman who died over the weekend. She was 86 years old, like a grandmother to our family, the saint & conscience of our former church. She will be profoundly missed, but I know she is rejoicing with her Savior right now.

I am reading... some knitting and sewing books to prepare for a Needle Crafts class I'll be teaching for our homeschool co-op beginning next week.

I am hoping... the vest I am making My Man will fit. I pieced it yesterday, and it looks big! I'll have him try it this morning.

I am hearing... the occasional bark of a dog somewhere across the lake.

Around the house... the baseboards are calling out to be cleaned. I hate cleaning baseboards. That's the one household chore I will gladly pay the kids to do.

One of my favorite things... is the smell of sesame seed oil. It just makes my knees weak!

A few plans for the rest of the week: I'm starting a part-time tutoring job at the local elementary school on Wednesday. I'll be working with kindergarteners for the first time in 7 years! Oh my!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

I didn't take this photo of an osprey nest, but it is a fairly common sight around the lake.




If you'd like to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook, visit this link.

2 comments:

Jerralea said...

Hmmm... I have never smelled sesame seed oil. I'lll have to try it! Hope you enjoy your tutoring job. My daughter is doing after school tutoring this week herself.

btw, you aren't the only one that hates to clean baseboards!

Jana said...

Mmmm -- I always add a few "shots" of sesame seed oil to my chicken stir fry. The flavor it adds is delicious, and the aroma.... mmmmm.....