Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook for February 3, 2009



FOR TODAY (February 3)...
Outside my window... The sun is shining! The water is bright with the reflection of the sun, and the flag by the shoreline is waving in the breeze.

I am thinking... about plans for that new website I mentioned a few weeks ago. I've gotten started on it, and can't wait to launch it! But it's been taking a lot of time, so I haven't been posting here as often as I should.

I am thankful for... having My Man back home after 2 weeks away on a mission trip.

From the learning rooms... we're trying to get a lot done today. Tuesdays & Wednesdays are our only days without outside classes and co-ops, so we have to really make them count.

From the kitchen... Nothing's cooking right now. We went to Denny's for breakfast this morning -- they are giving away free Grand Slam breakfasts until 2:00!

I am wearing... blue jeans, a navy turtleneck, a grey wool v-neck pullover, and lime green running shoes.

I am creating... nothing really right now, but I almost always have a pair of socks on the needles ;-)

I am going... no where else today. See above regarding Tuesdays and making them count schoolwise!

I am reading... Wives and Daughters, by Elizabeth Gaskell. I saw the miniseries last week while My Man was away (really good BBC historical drama) and wanted to read the book now!

I am hoping... that spring will arrive early this year.

I am hearing... the footsteps of my kids upstairs while on a "short" break. Aha! Here comes someone now -- I hear their footsteps on the stairs!

Around the house... the house is pretty clean and straightened right now, since we had a few of My Boy's friends over for the Super Bowl. I wish it would stay like this!

One of my favorite things... is seeing deer run across the road as we drive to and from our home.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Nothing out of the ordinary for the week, but then on Saturday we have our last practice tournament for Speech & Debate. As Facilities Director, it's a long day for me (as well as all the other folks who put this show on!) I'm kind of glad this is the last one for awhile.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



This is a photo of My Boy participating at a youth leadership conference he attended last week. It was sponsored by the Leadership Institute, a national group promoting conservative political action among high school and college students. There were about 45 kids at the conference last week. In this photo, they are in break-out sessions devising a solution for a hypothetical problem they were assigned.

If you'd like to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook, visit this link.

2 comments:

Mrs. C said...

Great post. That youth conference looks wonderful.

Deb said...

I totally missed this week's diary..oh well, I was able to catch up on your life!