Monday, February 09, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY (February 9)...
Outside my window... The sun is shining! It's chilly this morning (39) and a high near 70 is expected all week! Yippee!

I am thinking... that I need to bake something to take to our new neighbors. They moved in last week to the house high on the hill, across the street from us. They have a nice view of the lake, right over the roof of our house! This is a new construction house, so our little neighborhood is growing. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I like the quiet and privacy we've had for years and years :-)

I am thankful for... having My Man and My Girl back home after a weekend away at a youth retreat in the mountains. My Girl had a terrific time and was bubbling over with excitement telling me about it.

From the learning rooms... My Boy doesn't have his biology lab today, so we don't have to rush so early to get to co-op. He does, however, need to use that time stay caught up with biology! This is his first lab science and he's finding it difficult but as the year is progressing, so is he. and that's all I ask!

From the kitchen... I smell coffee brewing, and it's about time I go have a cup. Tonight for dinner: hamburgers on the grill, Pioneer Woman's guacamole & chips, and Pioneer Woman's Onion Strings. Mmmmmm...

I am wearing... Navy blue satin pj pants, a navy long-sleeved t-shirt, and no bedroom slippers. I couldn't find them in the dark this morning.

I am creating... a website for homeschoolers. I'll post about it this week.

I am going... out to eat with My Man to a fancy restaurant on Friday, for Valentine's Day!

I am reading... Wives and Daughters, by Elizabeth Gaskell. (still-- this will probably be here a few weeks since I don't have many long expanses of time to read these days.)

I am hoping... that My Boy feels better today. He was feeling puny all day yesterday. I hope it was just being run down from the tournament on Saturday, and that he'll bounce back today.

I am hearing... birds twittering and geese honking outside. They are as happy about the sunshine and warm temps as I am! Here's a sound file of the twittering I hear.

Around the house... This week I need to prune, prune, prune. I have three huge butterfly bushes that need to be cut way back, an arbor of scuppernong vines that I ignored last year and so they must be attended to this year, as well as shrubs that need to be neatened up a bit.

One of my favorite things... is springtime. I don't know if this warm spell is the real thing, but I'll take a week of pretending it is.

A few plans for the rest of the week: schooling, tutoring, and pruning. I also need to run down and visit my mom and adjust her new bird feeder so she has a better view of it from her room.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



This is a photo of the house finch. They're not the most beautiful of the birds in our yard, but they still have a place in my heart. Of course I see a lot of their babies, because they love to nest in my ferns and they endure my peeking at them all spring long. So we've come to appreciate each other.

If you'd like to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook, visit this link.

4 comments:

Evening Shade Morning Latte said...

Thanks for sharing your daybook. I enjoyed my visit.

Hootin' Anni said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes you left for me today.

And yes, I so understand having a newer subdivision going up around you when for so long it was private, quiet and peaceful.

Love your bird photo today.

Mrs. C said...

That's nice that you're making something for your new neighbors. I'm sure they'll appreciate it.

I enjoyed reading your daybook, so I decided to partiticpate today, too.

Enjoy your gardening this week. It's so nice to have this beautiful weather! :)

Jill said...

I think that it is wonderful that you are baking for your new neighbors. We just moved to a new neighborhood and I have been so disappointed in the lack of interest by our neighbors. Everyone seems to keep to themselves in this day and time. I will keep trying though.