Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Shrimp Pasta



Here's a meal my family enjoyed tonight.

1 lb. pasta (fettucine, linguine, etc.)
olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bag fresh spinach
2 14.5 oz cans diced or stewed tomatoes, italian seasoned
1 small can ripe olives, sliced
1 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined
additional italian seasoning to taste (optional)
parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to directions. Meanwhile, sautee garlic and spinach in olive oil until spinach is wilted. Add tomatoes and olives, bring to a boil and simmer 6-7 minutes covered. Add shrimp and cook another 3 minutes, or until shrimp is pink. Add cooked pasta to pan and mix well. Serve with parmasan cheese.

3 comments:

Mrs. C said...

As good as this recipe looks, I'll pass. Seafood is what put me in the wheelchair for a few months (I got severe food poisoning in Aug. of 2007) and it escalated into an immune system disorder that I'm still dealing with (on a small scale now compared to what it was). I used to love shrimp, crab, scallops, lobster...all of it. Now, I'm leery about eating any of it.

Funny, though. I still crave it... and your recipe does look tasty!

Jana said...

Oh, Mrs. C! What an awful story! I don't know what I'd do without shellfish. Fresh fried oysters at the beach is something I live for :-)

Kristine said...

I keep seeing recipes to add fresh spinach to pasta. I haven't tried it, but it looks so good!