Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Peach Cobbler

My Man's sweet mother, Ruth, was an awesome cook. I have several of her recipes, but my favorite is her peach cobbler. I made one this afternoon, and thought I'd share the recipe with you. I'm sure Ruth wouldn't mind!

Ruth's Peach Cobbler

4 cups sliced fresh peaches
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup all purpose flour
1 T baking powder
2 cups sugar, divided
pinch salt
1 cup milk
1 T lemon juice
ground cinnamon or nutmeg


Place margarine in a 9x13 pan (I use glass) and place in oven set to 375 degrees.

Place peaches, 1 cup sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside.

In a bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, and milk. Stir until moist.

Remove pan from oven, and pour batter over the butter. Then pour the peaches over the batter. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmeg. Return to oven, and cook at 375 for 35-45 minutes.

If you get some fresh peaches this summer, you've got to try this recipe. You'll want to eat it all at once!

1 comment:

Mrs. C said...

I still have some peaches left, so I can make this. I can't wait to try it.

I did find some cushions, but not at Garden Ridge. I stopped at WalMart first and I found some on sale, so I just bought those. I'll share pictures later. You're so creative to make your own. I wish I was talented enough to even consider trying...lol. Good luck with your project!

Oh, and if you go to Chopsticks, I recommend the Pud Lar Nar with #4 spice. It's really good!