Monday, July 06, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY (July 6, 2009)...

Outside my window... It's been such a nice few days here. Very warm (mid 80's+) but low humidity. That's so unusual for this area! Sitting on my porch, enjoying the evening breezes, has been worth the (more than) occasional mosquito bite. Heaven!

I am thinking... we could use some rain. I know, I know, my kids say I'm never satisfied, but I really don't want a repeat of the drought we had the last couple of years. It's been 3 weeks or more since we had some good rain.

I am thankful for... God's provision for us, rain or shine! I know He has everything under His control, and I'm thankful I don't have to worry about it.

From the learning rooms... We picked up our math studies today -- My Girl continuing in the math she started mid-year last year, and My Boy finishing up the last couple of sections from last-year's math. My Girl, who loves all things Japanese, began the free Japanese program Irasshai by Georgia PBS.

From the kitchen... The kitchen's all cleaned up from dinner. My Man is the best! He is so good to do the clean up for me after dinner. What a blessing he is to me :-)

I am wearing... Navy blue nylon gym shorts and a purple floral scoop-neck tee. Bare feet.

I am creating... these socks. I actually began them last winter, but stopped after 1 1/2 socks. I'm finally motivated to finish them up, because I want to start a new project. My Man gave me a gift certificate to my favorite knit shop for Christmas, and I need to go cash it in. I'm trying to have a little self-discipline by making myself finish these socks before I start something new.

I am going... to get a mammogram tomorrow. yippee.

I am reading... Wives and Daughters. Yes, I realize I started it a long time ago. It's a long book! And, like my socks, I put the book down for a few months and have decided it's time to pick it back up and finish it!

I am hearing... three dogs chewing on chew sticks. We are babysitting (dogsitting?) Sugar, our friend's cute little Bichon Frise. He fits in pretty well here when he stays with us -- Ginger loves the company, but Princess could probably do without it. They're getting used to each other by now, we do this doggie exchange a couple of times a year.

Around the house... there's a stack of vhs tapes in front of the tv. My Girl decided this weekend to have a movie-thon of "old" movies -- Toy Story, Lion King, Little Mermaid, and Lady & the Tramp. "Old" movies indeed ;-)

One of my favorite things... Pioneer Woman's pico de gallo and guacamole. Oh my goodness! I made some for dinner tonight, and now I'm stuffed full. Yum yum!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Not much. I've got my mammo tomorrow, a trip to the library to pick up a few reads for My Girl, and not much else. Still enjoying summer!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing... These are some of the sea lions on Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. They've got the right idea on how to spend these summer days...





If you'd like to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook, visit this link.

No comments: