Monday, March 24, 2014

Reading List: Howard's End

I finished Howard's End a few days ago.  I enjoyed it, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting.  I don't know what I was expecting, exactly. But this wasn't it.  About 3/4 way through it, I decided to just put it down; it wasn't grabbing my attention, so I thought.  But later that same day I started thinking about those characters and wondering how they would turn out, so of course I had to finish it.  I've never seen the movie, but I did look up the cast before I read the book.  It was fun to picture those actors in my mind as I read.  I think the three leads, Emma Thompson, Anthony Hopkins, and Helena Bonham Carter, were perfectly cast.  I could SO picture Emma Thompson, especially, as Margaret.  Everything she said and did just seemed to fit her perfectly.  Of course I love Emma Thompson, and think she can do no wrong.

Howard's End, by EM Forster -- Recommended

Next up: The Enchanted April, Elizabeth von Arnim

1 comment:

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Glad to see you blogging! I don't think I saw this movie either! I know I haven't read the book! Just might have to look into it! Thanks for the sweet comments you left on my blog!