Sunday, March 08, 2015

Wow, it's been nearly a year since I last posted. I keep thinking I'm going to get back in the habit of this blog, and then all my intentions fizzle out after just a few days. This may turn out the same, but at least I'll have a different picture to see everyday. You see, I visit this blog every day because I keep my blog list here (see the right side?).  I use this as my "home base" to check on the other bloggers that I like to follow.

Today I'm uploading a pic of my current project. I'm doing my first applique quilt from a kit I bought at the Needlework Extravaganza in Statesville, NC last month. It's going to be a wall hanging for my great room.  The house I live in is older, and has a brick fireplace that was BRICKED UP some time ago. I know. *sigh*.   Anyway, so now, it has a giant blank canvas that needs .... something.... there since there's no giant square opening.  Right now I have a painting hanging there, and I like it, but it's more of a winter scene.  So this quilt is going to be for my summer decor.  I'll post another pic when I get closer to the end stage. I've still got to add the pieced borders, then do the actual quilting.  That's the part I really love to do!

Here's the applique part done.


No comments: